Archimedia is a New Zealand architecture practice with NZRAB and green star accredited staff, offering design services in the disciplines of architecture, interiors and ecology. Delivering Architecture involves intervention in both natural eco-systems and the built environment – the context within which human beings live their lives.
Archimedia uses the word “ecology” to extend the concept of sustainability to urban design and master planning and integrates this holistic strategy into every project.
Archimedia prioritises client project requirements, functionality, operational efficiency, feasibility, and programme. Once these fundamentals are soundly established, Archimedia pursues a sculptural architecture expressive of individual or collective identity.
- Archimedia practice architecture as “material identity” – a crafted expression of individual or collective “identity” – embodying a synthesis of people, place and time.
- Archimedia investigates “identity” with each client and endows buildings with a perceptible meaning that expresses this “identity” – the philosophical parti for all Archimedia projects.
- Archimedia respect all cultures and their protocols and the fundamental connectedness of all humanity.
- Archimedia are ambitious for the betterment of both humankind and the environment.
- Archimedia approach design with the intent that human beings register an “experience” of architecture which uplifts their daily existence.
- Archimedia strive for “beauty”, the exceptional and the inspirational in each and every commission, irrespective of budget.
- Archimedia believe in tectonics – a poetic configuration of land, space and structure.
- Archimedia believe in positive intervention – sustainability that enhances eco-systems.
- Archimedia believe that the very best process and the very best technology are critical contributors in our quest for the exceptional.
- Archimedia invests resources to create a better design solution.
- Archimedia believe in collaboration between equals and the power of teamwork.
- Archimedia staff are consultative by nature and use processes that encourage user decision making wherever possible.
NZIA Auckland Award
NZIA New Zealand Award
WAF World Building of the Year
NZIA New Zealand Award
Eye Institute Finalist Interiors Awards
1976 BArch, University of Auckland
1998 Archimedia Ltd – Principal
1994 DEM Group Executive
1989 DEM (NZ) – Director
1988 Devine Erby Mazlin (NZ) Ltd
1985 Stephenson & Turner (NZ)
1980 Murray Cockburn Partnership
Specialised Skills – Masterplanning, Concept Design, Feasibility Studies, Design Management
Specialised Sectors – Healthcare, Hospitality, Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential
1994 BArch (Hons), University of Auckland
1983 BSc, University of Waikato
1998 Archimedia Ltd. – Hamilton Principal
1996 Archimedia Ltd. – Associate Director
1993 Archimedia Ltd.
Specialised Skills – Concept Design, Developed Design, Contract Documentation, Construction Phase Services
Specialised Sectors – Healthcare, AgedCare / Retirement, Passive Design, Interior Design
2016 Archimedia – Practice Director
2016 Context Architects Ltd
2012 Kay & Keys Architects
2004 Xsite Architects
2003 Mortlock Mc Elroy
2000 Dean Wyllie Architects
Specialised Skills – Masterplanning, Concept Design, Developed Design, Detailing, Site Observation, Design Team Management
Specialised Sectors – Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Education, Retail Interiors, Childcare
2016 Archimedia – Associate Director
2013 Flanagan Lawrence
2009 Naylor Love
2006 Predefine Ltd
Specialised Skills – Concept Design, Developed design, Spatial/ Interior Design, Design Team Management
Specialised Sectors – Multi Unit Residential, Commercial, Commercial Interiors
Practice Director / BIM Manager
2010 National Diploma in Architectural Technology
2014 Archimedia – Practice Director / BIM Manager
2012 Stephenson & Turner Architects
2012 Ignite Architects
2010 Brewer Davidson Architecture
Specialised Skills – BIM Systems Design, Model Management, Contract Documentation, Technical Resolution
Specialised Sectors – Civic, Education, Healthcare